Wednesday, February 1, 2017
- 360° Video, Mont Blanc, Italy-France
- Discovery Virtual Reality Video's
- What Happens Inside Your Body? - VR 360°
- FHU Created
- Guided field trips
- Sign-out with IT office
Google Street View
Other VR apps:
- Discovery VR
- NYT VR
- Google Arts & Culture
- Titans of Space® Cardboard VR
- Google Expeditions* -- requires IT department to get started.
- Photo Sphere, ios, or built-into android.
- Cardboard Camera app
- For auido I suggest: http://online-voice-recorder.com/
- 360 Camera's
- Fyuse ~ can be used to create 360 of an object
Thursday, January 12, 2017
When posting an assignment, announcement or question in Google Classroom you can now select which students it should go to. Here is a video I found on the process.
Thursday, November 10, 2016
Attaching a Google Doc to an email is surprisingly easy, provided you use the correct button. When you compose an email click the drive triangle instead of the paperclip to insert a Google Doc.
Once you send the document if the recipient doesn't already have permission to view the file it will ask you to set the permissions. The default is "Anyone with a link can view" but that can be changed in the same window to get more granular share settings.
or if you click More options
Friday, October 28, 2016
Stop Motion Animation is a great educational tool. Here is a way you can have students do this on a Chromebook.
1. I suggest one of the IPEVO document camera's. I have one in the IT office that I am willing to lend out.
2. Go to http://www.gifpal-edu.com to get started creating your stop motion animation. You have the ability to do onion skinning, or annotate over the frame, but there is a limit of 48 frames per gif.
3. The gif file can be imported into Wevideo if you want to add audio or combine several gifs together to make a longer video than 48 frames.
Here is the end result:
Monday, October 24, 2016
Friday, October 14, 2016
It is important to keep your Chromebook up-to-date. Chromebooks download the updates in the background, but only get applied when you restart. If you ever see a little arrow by the clock this means there is an update waiting and you need to restart your Chromebook.